Welcome to 1st Grade! We're glad you're visiting our page; it's a great way to keep up-to-date on what we're learning and doing. If you need to contact a teacher, please click on the "Staff" section to the right and choose the teacher that you would like to send a message to. Please check here for information on special events/days, dress up days, fields trips, etc.
Some of the activities and days we celebrate in 1st grade are:
- The 100th day of school, where we do activities based around the number 100 and dress up like we're 100 years old.
- We are Pioneers in OJN's annual 1840s reenactment.
- We stress the "ar" sound with Pirate Day and dress up like pirates.
- Compound Word Day - We wear as many compound words as we can!
- College Go Week where we learn about education and training beyond high school and wear our favorite college gear.
Field trips we take:
- McClure's Orchard
- Honeywell Center shows offered through their Educational Outreach program.
- Walk Into My Future event at Manchester University.
- Ft. Wayne Children's Zoo